SAVE THE DATE!
LSFMA & NSPMA NATIONAL CONFERENCE
JOINT SPRING CONFERENCE & EXPO
FEBRUARY 24 – 27, 2019
Join us at L’Auberge Casino & Hotel in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The week preceding the world famous Louisiana Mardi Gras Celebration!
John P. Rome Jr., President – Louisiana
The National School Plant Management Association (NSPMA) was established through the Southern School Plant Management Association (SSPMA). In the early 1990’s, interest and attendance grew from many parts of the country for the annual Southern States Conference. The SSPMA leaders determined the need to form a national alliance for school plant managers. As a result, the NSPMA was formed in 1995 as a 501(3) C non-profit corporation with bylaws. Through the last 23 years, the NSPMA has provided leadership, resources, and collaboration opportunities for school plant and facility managers in all 50 states. The NSPMA Executive Board is committed to providing training and professional development in accordance with industry best practices for its stakeholders across the country. Furthermore, the NSPMA is a professional organization whose purpose is to be a source of information on emerging facility management issues and legislation, provide professional development, organizational benchmarking, and serve as a network for K-12 facility leaders across the country. The bulleted list below highlights some of the initiates and activities that represent the purpose of the NSMPA:
- National, Regional, State meetings & collaboration
- Networking with other professional organizations for professional development opportunities
- Annual educational conference and training
- Partnership with national associations and recognizing school divisions for maintenance excellence through our highly recognized Facility Masters Award
- Thousands of dollars in scholarships given yearly to support the education of youth pursuing careers in operations
- The establishment of an interactive website www.nspma.org that contains links to sources of school facility information to include our Constitution and Bylaws, Executive Board , and applications for awards
- Association Newsletter highlighting current events and topics and notices of individual state contacts and conferences
- The establishment of an Operational Management 5 Year Strategic Plan for 2017-2022
MEET THE BOARD
For a complete list of the NSPMA Board of Directors please click on the link below.
Congratulations To The
2018 PAT COCHRANE MEMORIAL AWARD RECIPIENT
MR. TERRY GRANDERSON
Division of Public School Academic Facilities & Transportation
Little Rock, Arkansas
NSPMA awards those that strive for excellence at our yearly NSPMA Convention; Facility Masters Award, Pat Cochrane Memorial Award, National Plant Management Award and our Scholarship Award.
For more information about the Pat Cochrane Memorial Award and the other awards NSPMA offers follow the link below.
NSPMA is now accepting application for the position of Vice-President.
Please follow the link below for for more information and the 2019 Candidate Application